Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Bye Bye Birdie!

Yesterday when I was playing with my kids in our sunny backyard my daughter found a dead bird. My parents own and run a funeral home so my kids are no strangers to death and the rituals surrounding it. So last night we had a funeral orchestrated by my four year old. I sang a bit from a traditional hymn.


Birds are such beautiful creatures and they inspire mankind so much. This collage is in honour of the Bird that died.. The poem is by 1913 years winner of Nobel Prize in literature Rabindranath Tagore.


Stray Birds of Summer
Click on the collage for details.

10 comments:

  1. That's so sad but it was nice to hold a funeral for the little bird.The collage is beautiful and so is the poem.
    Tokyo and Seoul Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sad to hear about the bird!!!!!! :(

    nice collag, loving the miu miu prints!
    xoxo jenna
    http://thepetiteblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. MiuMiu did some pieces with bird patterns this season and it look awasome, i loved all the clothes.

    xoxo

    www.flowerchildstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. loving the sparrow prints !
    thanks for your comment :)
    check my new post up..
    glisters and blisters

    ReplyDelete
  5. poor birdie ='[
    i love the collages so much anyway <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful and creative thing to do! I like your blog a lot!

    Charlotte

    x

    The Style Rail

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is so sad :( that bird looks really pretty. rip

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh bless... nice collage in homage the little bird!

    See you soon.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, yes it was very sad! Such a pretty little bird. Thank you for your lovely words!

    ReplyDelete