Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Dream wedding

Hi! I'm so sorry 'bout the slow updates. Busy, busy, busy. I still take time to read blogs though, and I so much enjoy seeing pictures from beautiful weddings! Spring is a time of love and right now I am thinking a lot about weddings. I am already married to the love of my life, so there is no wedding planning for me. But I am (among other things) a singer and this saturday I will be singing at a wedding taking place at the Spring Fair in town. It's gonna be so much fun, but my stomach has been taken hostage by fluttering butterflies. There's gonna be a lot of people! My cousin is getting married this summer and my sister is planning her wedding. So of course I got all nostalgic.

 Pictures from my dream wedding (my own!) the 24:th of july 2004.














Isn't he handsome? The cute little girls are my husbands nieces. My mother-in-law made all the dresses including mine. The veil is my mother's.

Our wedding was a wonderful, funfilled and heartfelt affair. There were over a hundred guests but it still felt very intimate to me. Our families made all the food except the cake that was made by a local baker. The entree was a heart shaped sandwich with tuna topping. The main course was a HUGE buffet. The photograpers were one of my girlfriends and my husbands cousin. My oldest sister-in-law's husband sang at the ceremony and my parents read a poem. Thinking of this day still makes me all warm inside!

5 comments:

  1. You look beautiful.. So lucky to have a warm and loving family. Your hubby is a looker and a keeper!
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely couple,you look wonderful.It does look like a perfect wedding.I like the fact that all the members in your family participated in a way.
    Tokyo and Seoul Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flowerchildstyle.blogspot.comMay 6, 2010 at 1:29 PM

    Very cute dress, I luv strapless wedding dresses!

    xoxo
    www.Flowerchildstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your flowers were P*E*R*F*E*C*T!

    Beautiful!

    Charlotte xx

    The Style Rail

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so beautiful and happy :) Great photos!! XO

    ReplyDelete