Tuesday, April 20, 2010

An Apple A Day!

Apples are such wholesome fruits. An apple a day keeps the doctor away. An apple for the teacher. But on the other hand according to Bible-tradition the apple also is part responsible for the original sin. I guess we just like apples us humans. At least I do.


So today I decided to make apple pie. I looked through a whole bunch of recipes and then decided to concoct my own. I put apple slices in a buttered pie dish. Then I wisked together two eggs, some sugar, a little bit of vanilla and milk which I poured onto the apples. After that I mixed oats, some butter, raw sugar, syrup, flour and a little bit of baking soda. I put this on top of the apples and the egg mixture. I sprinkled some cinnamon on top. Then I baked it in the oven for about 30 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius.



Et voilà!



It was really good! This is all that was left after our family of four had stuffed ourselves!

I also like the way apples look. Here's some tasty fashion from my jewelry box.


From American Eagle about three years ago


From KappAhl about two years ago

1 comment: