Sunday, March 7, 2010

Waiting for the Oscars....

I am waiting! Are you? To be honest, and yes I am a bit ashamed of it, I really don't care who wins. I just wanna see what they're wearing!! My husband is always teasing me for checking out people's clothes. Well, I've always been a people watcher. Peoples manners and what they wear says a lot about who they are and who they would like to be. Watching people is like none invasive psychology. Anyway, I am waiting to see what the people of Hollywood will choose to wear.
Meanwhile I take a trip down memory lane and check out last year's Oscar outfits.

Style.com describes it as "a nod to old-school glamour". I'd say it was pretty bland. Of course it was recession times and the Oscars are often rather traditional. But COME ON people! You are supposed to be artists, the way you dress inspire generations all over the world.

Show us some creativeness! Challenge us! More Gagas please!

 

I am no huge fan of Tilda Swinton's style. But she has a distinctive one, this was actually one of the more individual style expressions last year. She is wearing Lanvin. It's ok, kind of reminds me of that man shirt/ Wang skirt combo Sharon Stone once wore. But kind of bland.

 

Marion Cotillard, I looove this dress from Christian Dior Haute Couture. I like that it is a short dress AND a long one. But I am not so fond of the necklace they picked. She should have been wearing something bolder and black!
 And here comes two women you could put in rags and ash and they would never be bland. (I guess that also goes for Mr. Pitt)


 

Halle Berry in Marchesa.

  

Angelina Jolie in Elie Saab.

Fortunately they were not in rags and ashes. They were stunning. Halle Berry is always so feminine without ever being frilly. She always had that edge. Well Angie often goes for black (who doesn't??) but the earrings are saving her from blending in. Which by the way I think she is incapable of. And ladies (and gentlemen) blending in is NOT a good thing. Unless you are a soldier in active battle.

If you have the desire to be a copy cat Kenneth Jay Lane has made a very similar earring. In Sweden you can get them at Kyss Johanna The originals worn by Angelina are by Lorraine Schwartz.

Talking jewellry, I looove this Fred Leighton necklace worn by Amy Adams.

 

I'm really into big jewellry and mixed stones. I like this bracelet from HM, I don't wear chunky bracelets that often, my wrists are so thin and I think it looks weird. Probably just something in my mind, cause I think they look great on everybody else.



This is one refreshing choice, especially for such a young lady, it is not strapless, not Greek  godess, not mermaid and not prom night. It IS Audrey Hepburn and Ritha Hayworth in one and classic glamour with a twist!

 

Miley Cyrus wearing Zuhair Murad.

No comments:

Post a Comment