Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Budget chic and how to make the right move!

Sales are great! But they can be real traps. Many are the times I have come through my door with bags full of clothes I will never use. Sometimes the clothes are "almost" my size, or "almost" the right fit or some colour that doesn't really agree with me. It is too easy to compromise on quality, fit or wearability when the price is close to nothing.

When shopping at sale ALWAYS consider this:
"Would I buy this at the original price?"
"Does this go with anything in my wardrobe?"
"Will I wear it?"
"Is the fit good?"

It is good to have some idea of what you're looking for before heading out there. Take into account the current trends, your personal style and your wardrobe's needs.



This saturday I went shopping at the HM sale, this is what I came home with. I bought another pair of Sonia Rykiel slippers. They have such great shape!


This is the back of the skirt that I got. Basics like this is great to find at sales. The pattern and the gold zipper makes it fun and of the moment. Visible zippers is a major design feature right now. Like on the white Michael Kors (pre-fall collection 2010) dress below. I am on the look out for some high heel sandals with a zipper in the back. Anyone seen some nice ones?





I have been looking for a red jacket for a while now. I thought this was really cute! The cut is perfect for me, but the picture doesn't do justice to the colour. It is a more bright red in real life. Red jackets is also a major trend. Among others Narciso Rodriguez showed red jackets (see below) in his pre-fall collection 2010. Toggle coats is also a strong trend, Proenza-Schouler had two versions in their pre-fall collection (see one below).







This bolerolike chunky knit resembles the Malandrino piece (below, pre-fall collection 2010) in shape and size. I have been eyeing it at HM for a while, but at this price I had to get it! It is really warm and soft, mainly made from acrylic with a small part mohair and wool.


Be wise now, shoppers!!!

The pre-fall collection pictures are all from style.com of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment